Saturday 22 August 2015

Review- Asda NEW Jaffa Cake Ice Creams

Now, this is exciting.. I have finally managed to find the Asda Jaffa Cake Ice Creams! I have been searching high and low ever since hearing about them which I swear was way before Summer had even begun. Success finally, after a lovely few days down at my Nanny Dearests in Wiltshire! 


The box of 10 individually wrapped ice creams cost £2 - 20p a pop is more than reasonable in my book! 



Luscious layers of zesty orange flavoured ice cream layered with orange jelly and soft sponge, all wrapped in a chocolate flavour shell


Size wise, it was pretty much consistent with an actual Jaffa Cake, maybe just a smidge bigger and obviously, thicker. The chocolate shell had a nice crack to it when bitten and was nice enough for a supermarket brand, ice cream coating. I couldn't really distinguish the jelly layer but with the ice cream, it certainly tasted orangey and not to artificial. The sponge layer wasn't particularly soft but did bring another texture to the table - In hindsight, it might have helped to have left the ice creams out of the freezer for a few minutes before eating! It is what it is, not to bad overall! 

I am so glad I got the chance to finally give these Jaffa Cake Ice Creams a go after pining for them for so long! They aren't life changing by any means but so much better than the abysmall Custard Cream and Bourbon Ice Creams - At least you can identify which biscuit these are meant to be! Who would have thought I'd have to go all the way to the sleepy West Country to try them? - They only have a population of about 12 people.. They could almost share a box! It's a 3 out of 5 from me!


No comments:

Post a Comment