Sunday 21 June 2015

Review- Asda Chosen by You Custard Cream and Bourbon Ice Creams

Wednesday saw the review of the amazing, Tesco Giant Bourbon and Custard Cream Biscuits.. Today, its Asda's turn with their twist on our favourite biscuit tin treats, in the form of these ice cream bars.


The boxes of 6 individually, wrapped ice creams, cost £2 each.

Custard Cream


Vanilla flavoured ice cream with custard cream biscuits

The looked very cute and cut well! Unfortunately, I can't say they tasted much like a Custard Cream. The biscuits did have a subtle buttery flavour with a pleasant crunch which was nice against the soft, cold ice cream. The positives ended there sadly.. It tasted very much like a cheap supermarket ice cream - I wouldn't say it was vanilla-y what so ever, either! Its a disappointing, 1 out of 5 from me. 

Bourbon


Chocolate ice cream with cocoa biscuits 

I hate to say it but the Bourbon wasn't any better. The biscuits were much softer in this bar with a chewier texture. They did have a slight (I repeat, SLIGHT) chocolatey, bourbon biscuit taste to them though. The chocolate ice cream sandwiched in the middle was mostly bland and again tasted like a generic, sweet, supermarket branded one. Absolute pants! - Its another 1 out of 5. 

I have to say these are a massive waste of money. I can't imagine anyone really enjoying them.. I guess they would be quite good for kids as they are easy to eat without getting sticky - Not to mention the fact, they will pretty much go for anything remotely sweet! Big kids should steer clear and just crumble up actual Bourbon and Custard Creams on a good quality ice cream for a cold biscuity treat - I know thats what I will be doing! 

2 comments:

  1. Argh! These sound so disappointing! What's the point of a custard cream ice cream if it doesn't even taste of custard or even vanilla? It's such a shame because they managed to get the appearance spot on - they look awesome but it's pointless without a good flavour too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more - They are all style and no substance! I still haven't managed to get my hands on the Jaffa Cake ones.. I would like to think they are better than these!

      Delete