Friday 25 November 2016

Review- M&S NEW Chicken & Butternut Bake

Things seem to come and go in M&S as quick as anything nowadays. I do like how they pump out NEW products but it can be quite frustrating to see a favourite being taken off the shelf when it has only been there itself for a few months! Today's Chicken & Butternut Bake however, is one thing I was only to happy to embrace with open arms for a quick, easy and healthy dinner! 


Part of the Mix & Match, 3 for £10 deal across selected prepared meals, the 370g Bake cost £3.50 (Give or take!) individually and is freezer friendly - Perfect for stocking up and enjoying at those busy times. 


As instructed, I preheated my oven to 180ºC Fan and whacked the foil tin, with the sleeve removed, onto a baking tray and cooked for 25 minutes until bubbly and deliciously smelling of garlic/casserole.  


Not to disappointingly, the kale caught in the oven so I removed it before getting stuck in.. Although  I have to say, it still tasted of seaweed whether it was burnt or not! An abundance of slightly herby, soft on the inside, crispy on the outside, potato cubes were the main flavour with a decent amount of succulent chicken chunks distributed throughout. The sauce provided a bit of moisture but by no means made things sloppy and tasted a bit like a vegetable "gravy". As for the butternut and the mushroom.. Both were few and far between with 2 lonesome slices of the latter and a little over half a dozen pieces of the squash. 

All in all, this NEW Chicken & Butternut Bake is delicious.. And definitely a dinner for the potato fans amongst us! There really is a mound of the white stuff which personally, I don't mind but I can see how some may be despondent over the lack of squash in the name. I'll certainly be having another! - It's a 4 out of 5 from me. 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I really like what you've posted here and wish you the best of luck with this blog and thanks for sharing. Herbal tea nespresso

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to visit your blog. Thanks for great post that you share to us...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its really wonderful and watchable. I like to share it with all my friends and hope they will definitely like it.

    ReplyDelete