Monday 24 October 2016

Review- Nomadic NEW Apple & Banana Yogurt & Oats Drink

It may have taken me a month shy of a year but I have finally found another flavour from Nomadic to try. This time, it's a Yogurt & Oats Drink in Apple & Banana which I thought was a bit of a strange combo.. But it was branded NEW and I was sucked in!


Rise and shine with our delicious and filling signature yogurt made from the finest milk and blended with crisp, juicy apples and healthy oats. 

Tesco is where I picked up the 275g bottle for £1.50 - Not the cheapest but no doubt healthier than a Frijj or Milkshake equivalent. Made in Ireland using low fat yogurt, apples and oats, the drink is suitable for vegetarians and can be kept in the fridge for 2 days once opened, if you fancy prolonging things.. I know I would struggle having that much dairy in one go come a morning! 


Cracking into the bottle and pouring some into a tumbler, I expected the scent of banana to be much more apparent, instead it was mainly an acidic aroma and not much like any fruit at all. This reflected in the taste completely with the flavour of yogurt being very much at the forefront with a real tang yet creaminess and a further zing from what I can only assume was meant to be apple.. Although you wouldn't really know it! An aftertaste of banana may have lingered after one mouthful but then again, it was so vague, I could have quite easily imagined it. Texture wise, things were equally as strange - Smooth and silky combined with the somewhat off-putting and "bitty" pieces of oats. Very bizarre. 

Overall, I can't say this Nomadic NEW Apple & Banana Yogurt & Oats Drink has wooed me. It isn't unpleasant by any means but the flavours are whack with a dodgy texture to match and at the end of the day, not what it says on the bottle. I'm going back to the Lassi! It's a 2.5 out of 5 from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment