Sunday 1 May 2016

Review- M&S NEW Banoffee Tartlets

Does anyone not like Banana? I'm thinking not.. I love it despite having been left struggling to breath multiple times when eating it! The on-off allergy is no match for my admiration which is exactly why I wasn't not going to pick up todays treat.. M&S NEW Banoffee Tartlets! 


The 195g, very Banana-esque box of 6 tarts cost £2.50 although they are included in a 2 for £4 deal across all sorts of cakey items, if you're looking to go big. They are also suitable for Vegetarians but not for freezing.. Please someone enlighten me to as why one would have the desire to freeze them. 


All butter (17%) pastry tartlets filled with caramel (28%), topped with a banana (1%) flavoured buttercream, decorated with a sweetened dried banana slice and finished with crumbled biscuit. 


How adorable! I loved the look of the weighty, 33g treat and especially the kiss of buttercream!


As you can see, cutting the Tart in half was easy and very precise - No cracks or crumbling. Short and crisp in texture, the pastry was perfect with a lovely buttery flavour making for the best base to what sat above.. The toffee! A pure hit of sweetness came from this thick, yet soft and chewy golden layer which tasted a lot like Werthers and was generally bloomin' delicious! Things only got better with the doubly dense piping of pale yellow buttercream which delivered a pure hit of banana goodness, pairing up well with the caramel as expected and was just on the right side of artificial. The dried slice on top added a solid crunch although didn't really do all that much in terms of flavour.. Not that it mattered as the Tart couldn't have been any more banana-ry! 

Well these NEW Banoffee Tartlets are amazing.. And I didn't die when eating them - It's a double winner! If you like Banana or Toffee or Pastry or Buttercream or anything really, you need them - Get yourselves down to M&S pronto. I can find no fault - It's a 5 out of 5 from me! 

7 comments:

  1. I need these in my life!! I see you are using an esque hybrid I wonder where you got that idea from *cough* totes me *cough* xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mommy, these looks perfect. And since they're small, more than is acceptable in a sitting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's supposed to say yummy, these look perfect! I hate auto correct!

      Delete
    2. Oh! Haha I did think that maybe I was your Mommy for a minute there! Auto correct is going to be the end of us all :D It would definitely be rude not to have more than 1 in a sitting.. I had about 3 to ensure I wasn't haha. xx

      Delete
  3. Definitely need to try these! I tried the Spirit of Summer tartlets which were Key Lime Pie, Pecan Pie & Mississippi Mud Pie and was impressed. I love banana though so can imagine I would adore these even more. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You must, Lotty Choccy! Is that the box with a coconut one in? I think I've seen them, if so. I defo know there is an Eton Mess variety too.. I kind of need to try them all after these fab ones! :D xx

      Delete