Saturday 12 December 2015

Snackmas Day 12- M&S Festive Turkey & Stuffing Pie

I love a Pie.. Specifically Chicken Pies with leek and bacon all in a creamy but not to creamy sauce - You can't beat them! I almost passed out when having a quick look-see at the various Pastry products in M&S for such a thing and proceeded to practically elbow an old chap out of the way when my eye caught this Festive Turkey & Stuffing Pie instead - Its like a Festive Sammie.. But in a Pie! The sorcerous wonder was purchased immediately for £3.50. 


All butter pastry with pieces of turkey breast and thigh, pork stuffing and smoked bacon in a cranberry gravy


I cooked my pie at 180ºC fan for 35 minutes as instructed on the box and my oven didn't do to bad of a job in scorching the thing.


Cutting the Pie in half released a glorious concoction of smells - I can't think of any way to describe it other than a full Christmas Dinner with some hot pastry thrown in for good measure.


It may look like a piece of road kill you've hit when Driving Home For Christmas but check out how crammed with meat it is - Those are some big chunks right there! Starting with the exterior, the puff pastry holding all the filling was of perfect thickness, not heavy or greasy in the slightest and very flaky with a signature buttery flavour. Remarkably, despite there being lots going on inside, every element was distinguishable and complimented one another both in flavour and texture. The meaty turkey chunks were soft and juicy and as expected went perfectly with the herby stuffing which was presented as one big lump of stodgy, comforting goodness in the centre. A sweetness came from the abundance of gravy coating the lot ensuring things were moist as well as giving a festive flare! The bacon came through as well inducing some smokey undertones and adding the ideal amount of salt to balance everything out with the spices and black pepper rounding things off beautifully too. A jam packed, wow-wee! 

I think this Festive Turkey & Stuffing Pie might have just gone and changed my life - It is out of this world good and makes for one very tasty Dinner. They are freezable too so I could very well be enjoying Christmas in Pie form for the foreseeable future which pleases me no end! My only complaint is the fact there is one massive blob of stuffing in the middle, whereas I think it would be better distributed in mini balls throughout but no dramas! M&S, today is a good day and I love you - Its a 4.5 out of 5 from me! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    I love the post! I was just wondering, could you please tell me which is the weight of this pie and the ingredients? I´m doing some research but I can´t find it anywhere! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete