Wednesday 18 November 2015

Review- Tesco NEW Bites: Jellybean Jumble and Salted Caramel & Pretzel

I wasn't going to bother with these NEW Bites from Tesco.. In fact I was so uninterested upon first spotting them last week, I didn't even bother picking up the packets to see what they were all about - Very unlike me! A change of heart occurred on Monday, partly due to the fact they were on a 2 for £3 offer when I picked up the Jellybean Jumble and Salted Caramel & Pretzel varieties. 


The resealable packets do not have a total grammage stated on them which I am dubious about but each is suppose to contain 14 bites each.. I counted mine and thankfully they did contain 14, slightly buffed, 1 inch sized cubes. 

Jellybean Jumble


White chocolate covered jellybeans, flavoured fruit pieces, marshmallows and biscuit pieces. 

Jeepers, these smelt sweet.. And surprisingly not fruity as I expected. I couldn't fight the scent of white chocolate for very long so bit a bite and found myself in heaven! First a crunch from the biscuity pieces followed by a soft chew from the mallows and then the residual gummy jellybeans with the chocolate itself melting in the background - Certainly a satisfying mouthful of contrasting textures! Flavour wise, the bites were as sweet as they smelt but tasted much more tropical than anticipated. Initially I thought it was Tutti Fruity but then was able to distinguish the individual flavours of the jellybeans which was a bit of a treat considering more often than not, a generic sweet is used! The fruitiness lingered long after the bite was gone with not even a hint of citrus peel for anyone concerned about such things - Winner! Its a 4 out of 5 from me! 

Salted Caramel & Pretzel


Dark chocolate tiffin with salted caramel and salted pretzel pieces with milk chocolate. 

Once again, I was impressed how amazing these chunky monks smelt - It was a concoction of rich cocoa and golden syrup upon opening the bag.. Something no one can refuse! Texture wise, the bites were very much like a Toffee Crisp with their airy crunch and chew. Big pieces of pretzels ran throughout which were definitely harder but not bothersome although they did have a much "drier" feel in the mouth. On to the tasting and the question on everyones lip.. Are they salted? I am happy to report that yes, they are! Only slightly but enough to stand out as well as compliment the milk and dark chocolates. Very chocolatey, very crunchy and very tasty - Its another 4 out of 5 from me! 

Well well well.. Wasn't I a fool to pass up these NEW Bites last week - Both bags are now gone and its only Wednesday! I will most definitely be buying both the JellyBean Jumble and the Salted Caramel & Pretzel again as well as trying the other 2 flavours in the range - Cherry & Hazelnut and Cookie Brownie Bites which I suspect will last about as long as todays ones! Nice one, Tesco! 


No comments:

Post a Comment