Monday 19 October 2015

Review- Cadbury NEW Amaze Bites: Double Choc and Orange

I wasn't going to bother with these NEW, OMG! These are Amaze Bites from Cadburys - I couldn't help but feel it was just another one of their attempts to be "cool" with a silly name and mediocre product to match. Having said all that, I was easily swayed by a single picture on Instagram from the lovely, @thereviewaddict that came with a simple caption of "I agree!". Hannah is never wrong so I hot footed it down to The Co Op and bought myself each flavour for a £1 a pop. 


Each tub contains 14 double blended milk chocolate bites of brownie cake with the ones on the right being Orange flavoured whereas the left, being the "plain" option of Double Chocolate.. So really they are quadruple chocolate? What does that even mean? I am confused. Who else is confused?  

Double Chocolate 


As always, I started with the "plain" version in attempt to get a true feel for the bites as well as having a good base to judge the Orange off. They smelt super chocolatey in the tub and the promised 14 were present - Yes, I did count as you can never be to sure! Taking a bite into the brownie was very satisfying - A generous coating of chocolate encased a dense and squidgy brownie with "harder" chocolate chips running throughout to produce a fantastic vary in textures. The flavour was delicious and surprisingly cocoa rich considering it isn't Dairy Milk - Not that we shall go into that quality debacle as that would open up a whole other can of worms! Not to sweet and very moreish! Its a 3.5 out of 5 from me! 

Orange 


Although they look identical to the previous, I have included a picture just to show the sneaky chocolate chip in the right half! The pieces were about 3.5 x 2.5cm in size which equates to a couple of bites really - Theres sense in the name after all! Once again the brownie itself was moist and chewy but with a overall good melt. The Orange flavour was spot on and went perfectly, as expected with the chocolate - I didn't feel it was artificial in the slightest or to much for such a little "cake" and found myself eating one after another, a little to easily! As I love chocolate orange, its a slighter higher, 4 out of 5 from me! 

Cadbury, I salute you - These Amaze Bites are pretty darn tasty! They may be a simple concept and not of all that high quality but for a quick treat when nothing but something sweet and cakey will do, they most definitely hit the spot. Both my tubs didn't stick around for long and I would buy them again in a heartbeat come the chance. OMG! These are Amaze Bites? In the words of Hannah.. I agree!


2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you counted them xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Cupcakes got to do what a Cupcakes got to do! :D xx

      Delete