Tuesday 23 June 2015

Review- Twinings NEW Cherry Bakewell Green Tea

I love Tea. I love Cherry Bakewell. The two combined was only ever a dream until I spotted this New Twinings Cherry Bakewell Green Tea in Tesco for £2.49. 


Inspired by the English favourite Cherry Bakewell - Theres something sweet and comforting about this green tea. The almondy cherry taste is delicately softened with smooth vanilla flavour to creat a delicious indulgent green tea blend.

The very pretty box contained 20 Envelopes - How cute are the cherry and Bakewell illustrations?! 


I followed the brewing instructions on the back which recommended placing the tea bag in freshly boiled water for a maximum of 2 minutes to ensure the delicate flavour is not lost. 


Oh my, this smelt amazing - It was like a delicious concoction of Bakewell Tart and Rice Pudding, believe it or not! Taste wise, it had a lovely almondy flavour with cherry undertones which were perfectly balanced with the recognisable taste of green tea. My only complaint is that the vanilla flavour didn't particularly come through, although with everything else going on, it didn't really go amiss. The tea left a pleasant, lingering, almond taste which made me feel like I was actually having a dessert rather than a drink - Minus all the calories, of course! 

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this flavoured tea offering from Twinings. There is also a NEW Fudge Melts Green Tea that I am keen to try next - Even I, the self confessed coffee addict, needs to switch it up sometimes! Its a 3.5 out of 5 from me.  

5 comments:

  1. I'm very intrigued, I don't like green tea mind but this does sound rather delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo its well worth giving a go - Definitely one for almond lovers! :)

      Delete
    2. did you ever try the fudge melts one?

      Delete
    3. I have and it is delicious! I shall put up a review soon :D

      Delete
  2. Kettles can often times develop build up from moisture when used often. Some kettle pots are made out of ceramic and can help to prevent any dirt or build up from occurring inside the pot. electric teapot

    ReplyDelete