Friday 10 April 2015

Review- The Laughing Cow Mini Cravings

I wasn't a particularly fussy eater as a child but Birds Eye Fish Fingers along with The Laughing Cow Dippers, pretty much summed up my entire diet back in the day. They go by the name of Dip & Crunch now.. I swear they weren't called that when I was young?

As you can imagine I was very excited to spot these new, The Laughing Cow Mini Cravings in Asda. They were on the end of an aisle and priced at 94p. I do love an introductory offer! 


I picked up the Cheese Selection and Flavoured Cheese out of the 3 available options. The other was just the Original Laughing Cow Cheese. 

Flavoured Cheese 


Ham & Herb, Garlic & Herb and Three Cheese Flavoured Snack Cubes 


My immediate first thought was 'oh my goodness! They're so tiny and cute!'. 


L-R Garlic & Herb, Ham & Herb, Three Cheese 

I liked how the Garlic & Herb was speckled - it smelt delicious. Taste wise it was just as good. It was very similar to Boursin so if you're a fan of herby cheeses, there's no doubt you would enjoy this too. The Ham & Herb was very nice also - I wasn't sure how a ham flavour would fair but I was pleasantly surprised. The Three Cheese was nothing remarkable but tasty all the same! I can't really find anything to complain about with these.  A 4 out of 5 from me!

Cheese Selection


Cheddar, Smoked Cheese and Blue Cheese Flavoured Snack Cubes 


Each individual cube measures about 0.5inch by 0.5inch. Adorable! 


L-R Cheddar, Blue, Smoked 

These 3 didn't look that different - they varied in shade slightly. I can't fault the texture, they were all perfectly silky smooth. Taste wise the Cheddar was fairly mild but pleasant none the less. I can't say the same for the Smoked Cheddar unfortunately. It was pretty grim! I can't put my finger on what exactly but it tastes very similar to something else I've tried which wasn't to my liking!* My favourite was the Blue Cheese, it had a lovely flavour without being overpowering. I felt it was creamier than the Light Blue Cheese Laughing Cow Triangles - I'm not sure if it is different or whether I'm just imagining it. I have to give these a 3 out of 5 due to the yucky Smoked Cheddar. 

Overall these are great as a light snack! At only 14 calories each, they are perfect if you're watching what you eat. I enjoyed mine on Pumpkin Seed & Oats Ryvita but I'd imagine they would be lovely on Melba Toast, in a Sandwich or in your kids lunch boxes. All hail The Laughing Cow! 

* I've done a bit of research and found the thing it reminds me of. The Laughing Cow Cheez Double Dippers - Yuck! 

If you fancy a blast from the past, watch the advert here: 

2 comments: