Wednesday 25 January 2017

Review- Maryland NEW: Cookie Bites and Crispies

Another day, another biscuit review and this time, it is the turn of Maryland with all that is NEW - 2 lots of Cookie Bites and Choc Chip Crispies, featuring both coconut and caramel! Oooh choices! 


I searched high and low for this little lot, across what seemed liked all of the supermarkets with no avail.. That was of course until the day that the ever so lovely, Charlotte popped the entire selection in the post for me - Sods law! Damn you, slow-poke Tescy! Suitable for Vegetarians across the board with absolutely no artificial colours, preservatives, flavours, hydrogenated fats, sweeteners or GM ingredients, one might go as far as to say that these are actually a health food.. 

Choc Chip Cookie Bites


Mini choc chip cookies bites covered in milk chocolate.

Starting with the "plain" Bites, the marginally smaller than a £2 coin sized rounds were all well coated in chocolate and smelt most inviting. Satisfyingly crunchy in texture with lots of buttery biscuit flavour combined with cocoa, the Bites proved to be extremely moreish and all too easy to eat one after another. On the flip side however, they were equally as pleasant when left to dissolve and savour on the tongue rather than when munched - Yum! It's a 4 out of 5 from me. 

Choc Chip & Caramel


Mini chocolate chip and caramel flavour cookie bites covered in milk chocolate. 

Moving onto the caramel option which I so wish you could smell, these Bites once again possessed the feel of above with the same generous chocolate coating but with the glorious addition of sweet, indulgent caramel to compliment. Despite having that sugary edge, I found these even more enjoyable than the lone Choc Chip version - A 4.5 out of 5 from me. 

Choc Chip & Coconut Crispies


Coconut flavour cookies containing milk and dark chocolate chips, coconut and crisped rice. 

Having not bought Maryland Cookies in such a long time, my memory was a little hazy over how big (Or little in this case!) the biscuits actually are - They really were quite diddy and no more than 2 mouthfuls of a pleasantly grainy, slightly chewy contrasting crispy, airy mish-mash texture! Taste wise, the flavour was just as I remember with the signature Maryland flavour at the forefront with a coconutty edge that brought lots of sweetness yet was balanced out by the nibs of darker chocolate throughout. Tropical and tasty! Another 4.5 out of 5. 

Choc Chip & Caramel


Caramel flavour cookies containing chocolate chips, caramel pieces and crisped rice. 

Last up and by no means least, the Choc Chip & Caramel Crispies. Taking a bite, this cookie struck me as having the strangest feel out of the entire lot - It was hard and crunchy but perhaps had a little too much going on with the crisped rice being far more noticeable and bizarre harder lumps which I can only assume to be caramel pieces. Speaking of the aforementioned, I found the flavour to be a tad more artificial than that of the Caramel Bites and therefore somewhat masking the full biscuit flavour and not quite floating my boat. I did however enjoy the chocolate element once again! It's a 3.5 out of 5 from me. 

So, I am thinking if I were to eat one more cookie, I might just turn into one myself? - This NEW range of Maryland's isn't too shabby at all and without a shadow of a doubt, addictive! The Caramel Cookie Bites are my overall winner with the Coconut Crispies coming in at a close second. It's only really the Caramel Crispies that don't do it for me.. But having said that, offer me a cup of tea and I'll pretty much dunk and eat an old boot let a lone a much more delightful, if only "average" biscuit! Grab yourself a 120g pouch or 145g pack and let me know your thoughts.. Merry Marylanding! 

1 comment: