Sunday 17 July 2016

Review- The Chocolate Smith's Ice Cream Sandwich Bizarre

Not to long ago I received a surprise package in the post from my dear old buddy chum and the Hand Snack Selfie King, Kevvie! It is safe to say I was giddy with excitement, especially since he had been teasing me with the prospect of summer goodies heading my way for about 2 months previous!


Is there anything that says "British Summertime" more than a trip to the seaside, or fairground? (Aside for the rain, we mean!). We can bring you the beach and the sun with this tropical ice cream sandwich! Coconut, banana, crispy wafer and creamy vanilla in Belgian white chocolate. Enjoy this limited edition Bizarre while you can!

Inside was this Ice Cream Sandwich Bizarre Bar by The Chocolate Smith's which I have to admit, I had been pleading for him to get me - If you ever want some of their wacky flavours, Butty is your man.. Although beware, he's a Bacon Chocolate pusher!


Unwrapping the bar, the smell of white chocolate was very much apparent with super sweet, vanilla tones.. No coconut or banana though as I expected! Not a glimpse of wafer was visible upon the first snap of the bar either - Perhaps the action was in the centre? Well, yes, the aforementioned did make a brief appearance, mainly causing the chocolate either side to go everywhere despite not being in abundance. Flavour wise, no banana was distinguishable bar a vague whiff in one chunk with the coconut aspect being just as MIA. The only real flavour was the pure sugary hit of white chocolate which I could have sworn to be MilkyBar - Creamy and enjoyable but hardly high quality! The wafer itself added a "wafer" ice cream cone flavour along with a slight crunch.. And that was it.

So, this Ice Cream Sandwich Bizarre is just a bar of white chocolate.. One which I don't even think is as nice as the what the Easter Egg Custard presented! It wasn't repulsive by any means but I can't quite fathom why The Chocolate Smith's have labelled it as coconut or banana - It oozes nothing of the sort! Absolutely zilch! Who's doing the taste testing to give the whole lack of flavouring the get-go? We need answers! Thanks Kev, Sorry Kev! It's a 2 out of 5 from me.

6 comments:

  1. banana and white chocolate should be delightful! shame it has no flavour. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How can they even get banana wrong? Banana is banana!! It's usually unmissable with its distinct flavour! :S xx

      Delete
  2. I'm ready to start my own snacks business now. I'll handmake then myself and YOU WILL LIKE THEM! :) such a shame about this bar...I wish I could say I was surprised but... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really need to Butty, go heavy on the banana and coconut please. I really didn't think it would be bland! I'm still baffled over how it is just a MilkyBar haha xx

      Delete
  3. I tried this bar when they were sampling it in my local Fenwick and suffice to say I didn't purchase it after trying it - I completely agree its a bit of a let down, definitely none of the flavours advertised :(.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's laughable how they claim it to be coconut or banana when it is nothing of the sort.. You may as well say an orange is a pear! xx

      Delete