Sunday 13 March 2016

Review- NEW Twix Spread

My name's Lucy and I hoard jars of Spread. I mean, it's no secret that I eat Nutella by the bucketful, I slather everything in Biscoff and can't open the cupboard without having a sneaky spoonful of something something but things are becoming out of hand.. Which is exactly why I went and bought another jar.  It can only help. 


Asda was my port of call when locating this NEW Twix Spread which is of course, based off the chocolate bar of the same name. Sadly, it wasn't on any sort of introductory offer so I had to fork out £2 for it - Do these Spread makers think I'm made of money or something? 


Chocolate caramel flavoured spread with biscuit pieces. 


I debated on whether to have the spread on anything but figured, why change the habit of a lifetime and went straight into the jar! I was hoping for there to be more biscuit pieces showing, by digging into the smooth top but apparently not.. Thankfully, they were much more apparent when eaten! Chocolatey in both scent and taste with a coffee like edge, the spread was thick yet silky smooth with a satisfying, contrasting crunch from nibs that ran throughout. The caramel was fairly subtle and I felt, did take a back seat although perhaps this is what brought the butteriness to light as well as bumping up the sweet factor. Very rich and probably sickly after a while.. But scrumptious nevertheless! 

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed this NEW Twix Spread and have to say it's a vast improvement on the mediocre Bounty and MilkyWay offerings of last summer! It isn't exactly like the chocolate bar itself but when something tastes that yummy.. I'm not sure it really matters all that much! The Bananah has also done a review so do go have a read and leave her a derogatory comment on my behalf. Back to today and it's a 3.5 out of 5 from me! 

2 comments:

  1. My favourite sweet spread recently is Tesco's Finest Crunchy Hazelnut Chocolate spread. Recommended!

    http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=282917832

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oo thats one I haven't actually tried! I shall get on it, thanks! :D xx

      Delete