Thursday 28 January 2016

Review- Cooke's Chip Strips: Sea Salt & Vinegar and Cheese & Onion

As usual, way to many snacks were purchased at Christmas.. There are still copious bags of crisps in the cupboard and I have no doubt that they will see us through until this years festivities! Today's review is one that I had forgotten about entirely in all the hustle and bustle - Cooke's Chip Strips!


I purchased both the 90g packets of Sea Salt & Vinegar and Cheese & Onion Savoury Potato Snacks in the middle (Ish) of December when I am sure they were on some sort of introductory offer.. But looking on Tesco's website today, they are currently £1 each. 


I wasn't sure what to expect in terms of packaging. Turns out, the wafer thin chips were stacked one on top of another, in plastic containers with a pop 'lid' - Fab for keeping them fresh! 


T-B Sea Salt & Vinegar, Cheese & Onion 

Both flavours looked similar in appearance with the addition of a few specks in the Cheese & Onion and both smelt fairly potent. When it came to texture, these weren't half strange - The long rectangles felt very crisp but as they were so thin, they were sort of bendy when moved in the air which I found most bizarre and not something I had ever seen in a crisp before! Light and crunchy when munched, they were most satisfying to eat and very moreish.. Well, they would have been apart from one major problem - They had next to nothing in the way of their flavour and certainly didn't reflect how they smelt! Both were extremely mild and pretty non-descript with a taste that was essentially a Poppadom! Rubbish. 

Overall, I am quite disappointed by these Chip Strips. They had a wonderful smell and a good bite to them but with a flavour that just couldn't match, they are sort of redundant.. I like Poppadoms immensely but if I had wanted Poppadoms, I would have bought Poppadoms! It's a 2 out of 5 for the pair. 

1 comment: