Saturday 19 December 2015

Snackmas Day 19- Joe & Seph's Mince Pie Popcorn

What a better thing to cuddle up with in front of a film than a big bowl of Popcorn - There is no need for Mistletoe and Wine but you do need a Mince Pie in the other hand so why not go for a hybrid! Joe & Seph's have us covered..


I picked up the 80g bag way back in October for £3.15 in a little Deli in Southwold - I knew Snackmas was coming so started stocking up early! The golden sticky pieces are designed to start with smooth caramel, followed by Brandy infused fruit and nutty almond to finish - Rich and aromatic just like a Mince Pie.


Buttery and boozy was the smell of these coated nuggets which had a perfect light, airy crunch with no lurking unpopped kernels at the bottom of the bag - Something I always appreciate. Munching my way through I soon realised the description was bang on - First smooth caramel and then the kick of Brandy followed by fruity and spicey tones with a mild nuttiness and what I can only describe as a molasses sort of taste. The flavours transitioned from one another seamlessly although I do think the brandy element was the strongest which really is probably to be expected. Obviously there was no taste of pastry so it isn't exact a mince pie but Christmassy mincemeat, very much so! 

Another fine offering from Joe & Seph's - The quality of corn really is something else with a flavouring to match! It is definitely a bag to get you in the festive spirit and I, myself haven't actually seen anything similar from any other Popcorn people so get yourself a bag whilst you can! Its a 4 out of 5 from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment