Monday 30 November 2015

Review- Thomas J. Fudge's NEW Salted Caramel Florentines

I couldn't see the month out without a Thomas J. Fudge's review.. And what a treat to end on - Salted Caramel Florentines, Folks! I finally found them in Waitrose and paid a whopping £3.50.. I've never known such sporadic pricing!


As usual, the box had a funky pink design with some sort of architecture balancing on the chaps hat - How very fancy! 


8 Florentines in a plastic tray within a cardboard outer? Surely not! 


The first thing to strike me about these Florentines were how soft they were - I picked one up and it immediately bent! This wasn't all that surprising considering the sheer quantity of caramel binding the lot together. Although still crunchy in texture thanks to the almonds, a far greater chewyness was apparent due to all of the golden "glue". Taste wise, they were very buttery with the usual nuttiness and subtle citrus tones but foremost was the salted caramel.. Boy, was it salted! Usually I am moaning about the lack of the stuff but on this occasion it was borderline to much even with the sweetness of the dried fruit which was far better distributed than seen previously. Such a shame! 

The tables have turned - I can't quite believe I'm moaning about a salted caramel being to salted! Maybe it was just this box of Florentines that were so saline but I am not sure I would want to pay another £3.50 to find out. Sorry Thomas J. Fudges, its a 3 out of 5 from me! 

Previous Thomas J. Fudges Reviews


No comments:

Post a Comment