Wednesday 4 November 2015

Review- Joe Delucci's NEW Crème Caramel Gelato

November has turned into a bit of a company comeback.. Joey D's was my first ever review here on R4R, way back in March! Soon after said review, things seem to take off and my Tesco was completely out of stock of the Coconut Gelato and Berries & Cream for what seemed like months. Luckily, he's back and this time with new flavours - Crème Caramel and Hazelnut & Chocolate. 


As usual, my Tesco only did half the job and didn't have both flavours so I had no option but the Creme Caramel which cost £2.99 for a 500ml tub - Cheaper than Ben & Jerry's! 


As all the caramel was at the bottom, I scooped my way down the thick ice cream and drizzled some on top for the purpose of a semi decent picture - Check out that dripping action! I've never known anything to be quite like Joey D's Gelato.. As always the texture was silky smooth and creamy with a sweet, slightly vanilla-y flavour. I could have quite easily eaten the entire tub.. Minus the caramel as unfortunately, the sauce was the sting in the tail and was absolutely vile! It tasted very artificial as well as really sharp and almost bitter. I am not sure why they called it caramel as it certainly tasted nothing like it - Yuck! 

Oh Joey D, what have you done? Things started off so well but then you went and spoiled it all by sitting your glorious white Gelato on a bed of unpalatable "caramel" - Utter sacrilege! Typically, it sounds like the Hazelnut & Chocolate is amazing so do check out Mrs 1T's review over on One Treat At A Time with green eyed envy. Its a disappointing, 2 out of 5 from me today. 


No comments:

Post a Comment