Friday 9 October 2015

Review- Thomas J. Fudge's NEW Flaky Cheese Straws

I am yet to find the White Chocolate Florentines and the NEW Cranberry Flapjacks I have been lusting after so I have had to move onto the savoury offerings from Thomas J. Fudge's with these NEW Flaky Cheese Straws. Having only ever had the cheapy supermarket brand ones previously, I was curious to see if/how much better these would be! 


I picked up the 100g box in Waitrose where they cost me £2.25. Continuing in true Thomas J. Fudge's fashion, it was illustrated with a quirky Cheese hatted Chap with Butterflies chucked in for good measure. 


9 Cheese Straws were presented in a little cardboard holder - Why not 10, I am unsure. I like an even number, don't you? 


You can't quite tell from the picture but the layers of puff pastry in the straw were very apparent upon breaking one in half with airy pockets and all. Their cheesy and buttery scent was most definitely reflected in the taste.. Although the cheddar was mild at first, it would then would develop into something much stronger with a slightly salty kick. The straws themselves were fairly hard in texture but moreishly crunchy - It would be all to easy to eat one after another.. After another! 

Overall, I am going to be as bold as to say that the savoury options from Thomas J. Fudge's are as a good as the sweet.. And thats coming from a Sugar Princess as well as after only having tried 1 savoury product! Please, splash some cash and buy these NEW Flaky Cheese Straws - Yes, they are pricey but they are far superior to any cheaper Supermarket equivalent, I've ever had! Its a 4.5 out of 5 from me 

No comments:

Post a Comment