Friday 25 September 2015

Review- Border Biscuits Yogurt Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Crumbles

Confession time. I've never been much of a Border Biscuits fan. I distinctly remember the Chocolate Viennese being in the cupboards an awful lot when I was younger but back then, unless it was a Penguin or Club.. I wasn't interested. Thankfully times have changed now I'm big and like all Biscuits! 


I picked up these Yogurt Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Crumbles in Asda for £1.58 - Such a random price. The biscuits were branded as NEW on the day of purchase but I've seen them since missing said label so I am unsure how long they've been around for. 


Slowly baked oats combine with fabulous fruit and a drizzled yogurt coating to create an award-winning oat biscuit. 


The biscuits were smaller than I anticipated but very uniform and cute. They had a dry, airy texture and were very crunchy with a lovely buttery, oaty flavour. The pumpkin seeds were in abundance and as they were fairly hard, gave the biscuit a nutty wholesome feel. A tartness came from the ruby red cranberries which was balanced out by the sweet yet tangy yogurt drizzle on top - It tasted more like white chocolate than yogurt, to be honest! I did feel the biscuits were quite heavy going due to all the different elements and textures going on but they were scrummy nevertheless! 

Overall, I am thrilled I have given Border Biscuits another go as these Yogurt Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Crumbles are something premium! If you are a fan of oat, seedy snacks then these are definitely one to try - They are all the good of a Cereal Bar but a 100 times more delicious. I can't wait to try more from Borders.. I don't know what my little self was thinking when passing them up for years! Its a 4 out of 5 from me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment