Monday 24 August 2015

Review- Tesco NEW Finest Mixed Red Berry Scones

Has anyone else noticed how Tesco's Bakery seems to expand ever other day? Thankfully, its not always bizarre flavours of Weirdoughs as these Finest Mixed Red Berry Scones are a NEW addition to the Fresh section - I have always been one for the classics! 


The pack of 2 scones, each weighing approximately 110g each, cost £1 - Not to unreasonable for a Finest product. 


A fluffy golden scone made with buttermilk for a lovely light texture, packed with juicy, vibrant cranberries, redcurrants and blackcurrants. 



I can't say the scone smelt of an awful lot - I couldn't even make out a berry scent. Cutting it in two, proved disappointing.. The promise of being light and fluffy was in folly as this thing was dense and nothing but! It had a very dry and stodgy texture which was prone to getting stuck to the roof of my mouth - I did have to put some butter and jam on to be able to eat the thing as it was virtually unpalatable without! The berries were about the only good element in being big and juicy with a tart yet fruity flavour - Not that, that ever could rescue a poor excuse of a scone. 

Overall, I feel quite cheated by these NEW Mixed Red Berry Scones - It certainly doesn't live up to its fancy pants description or Finest branding. There is a Plain as well as Belgian Chocolate version also NEW in store which I won't be putting myself through the trauma of trying.. Maybe I should be sticking with the Weirdoughs after all! Its a 1 out of 5 from me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment