Monday 10 August 2015

Review- Starbucks Frappuccino: Coffee, Cookies & Cream, Mocha Chocolate and Vanilla

Starbucks isn't my Coffee Shop of choice. I don't have one locally and there is no real reason to go out of my way and find one since Costa Coffee have taken over the world and are around every corner..

Having said that, I never say no to any sort of coffee so I grabbed these Starbucks Frappuccino Drinks from the chilled section of an array of supermarkets. Priced at around £1.80 each, the 250ml glass bottles contain a low fat coffee drink in the flavours - Coffee, Cookies & Cream, Mocha Chocolate and Vanilla. 

Coffee


I started with the plain Coffee flavour as I thought this would be a good base to judge the other flavours against. 


There was a good smell of coffee from this drink and it tasted stronger than I expected. The milky smooth liquid was not wishy washy in the slightest and had a subtly sweet flavour. A pleasant after taste lingured that I am sure, any coffee lover would appreciate! It's a 4 out of 5 from me. 

  Cookies & Cream 


Next up, was the Cookies & Cream! I had high hopes for this flavour..


Unfortunately, my enthusiam was thwarted! I felt the "cream" part of the drink completely overshadowed any potential flavour of coffee which resulted in being more of a sweet milk than caffeinated beverage! Not all surprising though, since it smelt very mild! It's a 2 out of 5. 

Mocha Chocolate 


This flavour excited me greatly - Chocolate and Coffee are a match made in heaven! 


The scent of this was delicious - It was chocolatey as well as having a potent coffee smell. Taste wise, it was just as good with both being distinguishable whilst perfect balanced. Chocolate bits ran throughout the drink which was a nice boost in flavour. It's another 4 out of 5 from me! 

Vanilla


Last but by no means least is Vanilla - My go to flavour of coffee syrup when out and about! 


Upon opening this bottle, I was a tad disappointed. It smelt more milky than of vanilla although not as lacking in coffee as the Cookies & Cream. Things didn't improve when drinking either - I feel that the vanilla just added extra, unnecessary sweetness rather than flavour. It's a 2.5 out of 5 from me. 

Overall, these Starbucks Frappuccinos are a bit hit or miss. I enjoyed all 4 but when you buy a coffee, even if it is chilled, you expect a consistent coffee flavour. I would definitely buy the Mocha Chocolate again as well as the plain Coffee.. Well that is until I can buy the real deal when a Starbucks gives Costa the boot and appears around one of my local corners! 


No comments:

Post a Comment