Sunday 5 July 2015

Review- Thomas J. Fudge's Marvellous Milk Chocolate Flapjacks

After having reviewed the rather delicious, Mouthwatering Milk Chocolate Florentines a few weeks a go, I was hungry to try more from Thomas J. Fudge's. I spotted these Marvellous Milk Chocolate Flapjacks in Asda which were priced at £2.90 - Slightly more than the £2.69, I had paid in Tesco! 


I can't get enough of the quirky packaging - I certainly feel very fancy buying these.. Even the cardboard feels luxurious! 


As seen previously with the Florentines, the 8 chocolate dipped Flapjacks, were presented in a little plastic tray within a cardboard outer - Perfect for popping on the table, as is!


I wish you all, could smells these.. Imagine falling into a pot of sweet syrupy, melted butter - That is the best way to describe the scent! The flapjacks were soft and moist rather than being so densely packed with oats, they have become dry. Having said that, they were still very substantial with plenty of chew and a delicious, sweet and oaty flavour. The butter was slightly salted which is always a good thing when there are a lot of super sweet elements, in there! The well proportioned, chocolate that coated the flapjack was rich and creamy - I imagine they would have had to have been dipped several times to get such a thick layer! Absolutely scrumptious! 

Thomas J. Fudge's have done it again - These babies are certainly something special! I do like it when a fairly simple treat, is done well to produce something that is really quite remarkable! I will definitely be buying these flapjacks again, along with the Mouthwatering Milk Chocolate Florentines. My only complaint is that there needs to be more than 8 in a box.. They are far to easy to scoff in one sitting! Its a 4.5 out of 5 from me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment