Monday 1 June 2015

Review- Tesco Frozen Meat Free Glamorgan Sausages

I am a pathetic excuse for a meat eater.. Unless it is a burger or chicken, chances are I will gravitate towards a Vegetarian option. I was perusing Tesco's Frozen Meat Free Range and the Glamorgan Sausages caught my eye. They are currently on a 2 for £3 offer - Bargain!


The 6 sausages are made with leeks, cauliflower and Welsh mature cheddar cheese. I cooked them at 180 degrees fan for about 25 minutes - Quite a bit longer than the suggested 16-18!


They were more of a breadcrumb-less Croquette than a sausage really! They were super soft and didn't hold their shape whatsoever - Thankfully this didn't effect the taste. Although I couldn't detect much of a cauliflower flavour, the leeks were pleasantly strong. This paired perfectly with all the cheesiness coming from the Welsh mature cheddar as well as the full fat soft cheese, producing a delicious creamy taste! 

Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed these Glamorgan Sausages. If you can get passed the sloppy appearance and the fact they aren't sausages albeit Veggies ones, then these are a winner! I am keen to try more from Tesco's extensive Frozen Meat Free Range which includes everything from Ready Meals to Bacon Rashers! It's a 4 out of 5 from me!

Update 
Turn the oven off and put the grill on! 


I have just cooked my remaining 3 Veggie Sausages this way and they have turned out perfectly - Not a sloppy mess. The texture was 100 times better! I could actually taste the cauliflower which now had a nice bite to it rather than being just mush.


The interior was still smooth whilst having a crispy golden outside.. 15-18 minutes under the grill should do it! Now that they hold their shape, I'm bumping them up to a 4.5 out for 5!

6 comments:

  1. I'm the exact same, apart from the odd bit of mince in a chilli or meatballs on a pizza, I prefer veggie food too! And cheese is always a winner. Think I may have to try these, they sound delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I am not the only one! It is not that I don't like meat, it is just not something I would ever really opt for - My carnivorous brother can't get his head around it! lol :) Let me know what you think if you do give them a go!

      Delete
  2. I love these as well, agree with your comments a little sloppy but great flavour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Food never looks like what is shown on the box, does it? lol. Glad you enjoyed them too! :)

      Delete
  3. Found them far too potatoeeee for my liking haha. Love the quorn ones or Linda McCartney red onion ones. Yum yum

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are definitely more croquette than sausey! Lol. I love the quorn ones too and have some of the Linda McCartney ones waiting to be eaten in the freezer - I'm excited to give them a go.. I loves me some red onion! :)

      Delete