Monday 18 May 2015

Betty Bakes Bonanza Day 1 - Bakewell Bar

Bakewell Tart has always been one of my favourite treats.. Most things are to be fair. I like food, OK. 

As promised yesterday, Betty Bakes Bakewell Bar is up first for review. 


The hefty 95g bar contained very few ingredients: salted butter, raspberry jam, sugar, free range eggs, almonds, gluten free oat flour. I love how there are no hidden nasties!


This bar was so moist it actually stuck to the outer cardboard! I wasn't overwhelmed with the scent of almond upon opening - it was more like that of a sweet vanilla-y cake. The texture was lovely! It was very soft and squidgy with the almonds on top giving a crunch.Taste wise it was nice and buttery with a subtle hint of almond. The raspberry jam layer added a sweet fruitiness. My only wish is that it contained some almond extract to intensify what was quite a mild flavour.

Overall, I really enjoyed this first offering from Betty Bakes. If the rest of the bars are as yummy as this, we are going to be in got a good week! It's a 3.5 out of 5 from me! 

See you tomorrow with Toffee Tiffin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment