Tuesday 14 April 2015

Review- Waffletops Caramel & Coffee Fudge Waffles

Guess who got another hankering for waffles? Twice in a fortnight is record! I must be becoming a fanatic.. 

I picked up the other variety of Waffletops in Asda priced at £1.50, once again. I was eager to see how the Caramel & Coffee Fudge version would fare against the sickly sweet Lemon & Strawberry Fudge I reviewed a few weeks back. 


The box contained 3 waffles again, each individually wrapped. The Nutritional Infortmation was indentical to the Lemon & Strawberry Fudge, having 309 Calories, 9.5g Saturated Fat and 19g of Sugar each. These can be enjoyed cold of warmed too. 

The Angel - Chocolate Fudge 


A Belgian Waffle topped with temptingly dark fudge and heavenly curls of milk and white chocolate. 

The Adonis - Caramel Fudge 


A Belgian Waffle with tanned caramel fudge topping and shavings of tall dark and delicious chocolate. 

The Adventurer - Coffee Fudge 



A Belgian Waffle with caverns of coffee fudge, topped with snowy ridges and peaks of white chocolate. 

Wow! What a complete contrast to the extremely artificial tasting Lemon & Stawberry Fudge Trio! These were all divine - it was hard to pick a favourite!

The Angel tasted very much like hot chocolate fudge sauce which was of course, delicious. The white chocolate shavings were crucial to cutting the richness - a match made in heaven. The Adonis might just pip the others to the post at being number 1! The sticky Caramel Fudge was perfection. It had a sweet vanilla-y butterscotch flavour which was balanced out by the deep dark chocolate shavings. I wasn't disappointed by The Adventurer either. As a massive coffee lover, I did wonder whether the flavour would be wishy washy but I was pleasantly surprised. It is quite sweet given all the white chocolate shavings on top though. 

I microwaved all 3 of my waffles as they are very dense when cold. You do have to be careful not to over nuke them though as they can go a bit soggy. 

Overall these were really tasty! I would buy them again in a heartbeat - it's a shame the same can't be said for the Lemon & Strawberry. I really like how they are individually wrapped. They are perfect to get you over the 3pm slump at work - just warm them for a yummy afternoon pick-me-up. 

One thing I am dubious about is the Nutritional Information. How can all 6 Waffles contain exactly the same amounts? I would have thought there would be some discrepancy even if only marginal. With that curiosity aside, these delights get a 4 out of 5 from me! 


No comments:

Post a Comment