Thursday 30 April 2015

Review- Tags Tasty Crisps: Malt Vinegar & Sea Salt and Mature Chedder & Red Onion

I am not very adventurous when it comes to crisps. Even though my household is full of all different fancy favours, I tend to stick with my favourite - Salt & Vinegar. I spotted Tags Tasty Crisps in Asda on a 2 for £2.50 offer. I hadn't tried them before so grabbed a couple of bags. 

Malt Vinegar & Sea Salt 


I wasn't about to change a habit of a lifetime so picked up Malt Vinegar & Sea Salt Flavour. 


These are great! Nice and crunchy with a pleasant Salt & Vinegar flavour which wasn't overpowering or hurt my tongue due to the acidity. I did notice that the flavour wasn't completely consistent throughout the bag - a few crisps lacked any vinegar and tasted quite plain. Not bad at all, it's a 4 out of 5 from me. 

Mature Chedder & Red Onion 


My Brothers crisp flavour of choice is Cheese & Onion so I couldn't not get him the Mature Cheddar & Red Onion.. Like the amazing Sister I am. 


We were both disappointed by these. Although we liked the green parsley flecks and the crunch, we were put off by how ridiculously salty they were! It completely suppressed any potential Mature Chedder & Red Onion flavour they had. Not great sadly, a 2 out of 5. 

Overall, I feel Tags might be a bit of a hit or miss brand. There is a Sweet Chilli Flavour in the range which is my Mums favourite so I expect they will be in the cupboard soon. As for me.. I think I'll be sticking with my trusty old Salt & Vinegar! 

No comments:

Post a Comment