Friday 24 April 2015

Review- BeLoved Date Cereal Bars: Cranberry & Blueberry and Pumpkin & Sunflower Seed

I am always on the look out for new cereal bars. My family gets through boxes and boxes of Alpen and Special K bars but I am always a bit wary of all the refined sugar in those! I prefer to save that for chocolate, desserts and general cakey goodness so when I spotted these 100% Natural, BeLoved Date Cereal Bars, I jumped on them. 


I got them from Asda. They're currently part of a 3 for £3 offer. Both contain whole rolled oats, crisp rice and hand picked dates that are sourced in Oman. Each bar contains around 135 calories and 2g of fibre. 

Cranberry & Blueberry 


These are really tasty! I enjoyed how chewy, sticky and wholesome they were. The flavour of the freeze dried raspberries made the bar pleasantly sweet but did overpower the blueberries and cranberries slightly. I couldn't really taste any dates either sadly. If you're a fan of raspberries I'm sure you would love them. It's a 3.5 out of 5 from me.

Pumpkin & Sunflower Seed 


I was really impressed with how densely packed this bar was! With every bite you could see all the pumpkin and sunflower seeds. These along with the flax gave an even chewier texture than that of the Cranberry & Blueberry Bar. The flavour of dates was much more apparent also. A 4 out of 5 from me. 

Overall these are pretty darn delicious! They fill you up and it's reassuring to know you are eating something healthier than your standard sugar filled cereal bar. They would be great for kids and would make the perfect, post workout snack. These might just be my new staple! 

No comments:

Post a Comment