Tuesday 24 March 2015

Review- Asda Chosen by You Custard & Cream Slices

My dear little Nanny has been raving about these Custard & Cream Slices from Asda the past few weeks. As a massive Custard Slice/Mille-Feuille fan, I picked myself up a pack of 2 for £2.25 pronto! 


They were as delicious as they looked! The custard bottom layer was smooth and vanilla-y which worked perfectly with the cream above. I often find that regular cream slices can be a bit sickly but with the pairing of custard, it was nicely balanced. The puff pastry had the signature chewy texture you want from a slice like this and with the sweet fondant topping to finish, this made one very yummy treat! 

I think Asda are onto something here! Having both custard and cream layers means you get the best of both worlds. I hope the other supermarkets follow suit as I think they would be extremely popular. A 5 out of 5 from me! 

2 comments:

  1. I've always found custard slices too sickly :( My grandad loved them though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it with the older generation being custard slice mad? Lol! I wouldn't eat a cream slice but with the custard they aren't to sickly.. Indulgent on the other hand, YES.

      Delete